Monday, September 3, 2012

simple weekend recap: edition 6

This Labor Day weekend was packed with some city-outings as well as home improvement/domestic experimentation. Saturday T & I went to the Taj Afternoon Tea. Since it was such a beautiful day, we decided to walk down Newbury & cut across the city to Kenmore to visit the cocktailers at the new bar & restaurant, The Hawthorne (details on both events later this week, as always).

 
 

We kept the stroll going across the Charles, over the sailboats, through MIT, to Kendall Square for a sunset in a secret rooftop garden (directions later this week).

 

After a long day of walking & exploring new places, we headed home to some chicken tetrazzini. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting my old pal, chicken tetrazzini, you are in for a super basic & tasty tasty treat that has been in my life since elementary school. I will reluctantly be sharing this recipe later this week, as well.
 
 

The next day was spent home improving, testing some vanilla syrup, and making sloppy joes for me (and a bacon, mushroom, cheeseburger for T) using locally-raised & humanely-treated ground beef from Pete & Jen's backyard birds and farmyard in Concord.
 
 
 


I will share most of these recipes (including the 4-ingredient chocolate soufflé shown above) & events throughout the week. Just 2 fun announcements before I prepare for the busy upcoming week:

 1. Heading to the Brimfield Antique Fair on Wednesday (hopefully it isn't raining too hard for pictures) for it's final show of the year & I'm pretty giddy about it.

 2. I was invited to the 3rd Brasstacks dinner on Monday, September 24 featuring late-summer goodies. I am unspeakably excited, and if you are interested (& lucky enough to snag one of the limited tickets being sold), tickets go on sale this coming Friday (the 7th)! I hope to see you there!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment