Wednesday, November 28, 2012

pecan pie balls

I love pecan pie...but we didn't have any for Thanksgiving! It appears as though people either have a love-it-or-hate-it relationship with pecan pie, but believe you me, I sure do love it! My laziness again ruled my cooking: I didn't have any pre-made dough, and it took too long in my mind to make some...so I skipped the crust all together and made some cute little pecan pie balls with just the pecan pie filling. The end result may be even better than a whole pecan pie...light but a punch of flavor, it is a perfect little dessert!


Ingredients (for 24 mini balls):
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3 tbs white sugar
1/4 cup and 2 tbs butter, melted
1 1/2 eggs
2 1/4 tsp flour
2 1/4 tsp nonfat milk
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped pecans  

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until frothy & mix in the melted butter.

 

2. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar & flour. Stir to mix. Add vanilla, milk, and pecans. Mix thoroughly.
 


3. Lightly grease mini muffin tin. Place 1 tbs mixture into each hole. Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
 

4. Lower oven to 350 for 10 more minutes, or until crackly-brown on the top and crispy to the touch.
 
 

5. Let cool on wire rack & enjoy! I'm sure they're also delicious crumbled over vanilla bean ice cream....

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment