Thursday, May 9, 2013

tavern road

I finally made it to Tavern Road this week, the newest addition to the Fort Point neighborhood by the DiBiccari brothers. Featuring house-cured meats, a beautiful open space with an expansive bar scene near open doors to the sidewalk & an open-kitchen, and so many delicious sides to choose from, I'll definitely be back.

 
 

We started with cheese-rolls & cocktails, Heaven on Her Lips to be specific, with gin, lime juice, strawberry & basil leaves, perfectly balanced, crisp, and bright for a spring evening.


I started with my go-to appetizer at all restaurants, grilled octopus. I have to be honest when I say that this....was the best grilled octopus I have ever had. Grilled octopus was mixed in with farro, cured meats, preserved lemon, and raisins & it was unbelievably delicious! 


For our main dish I went with the red curry rubbed sirloin served on the rare side of medium rare. Of note, all of their main dishes are served just as the proteins, so definitely get a large smattering of sides to compliment your meat.
 

We split three sides: fried potato with rosemary; potato gnocchi, fava leaves, brussel sprouts & currants (which as our favorite side of all), and the baby beets with dates, cauliflower, and horseradish.

Although the food was delicious, especially the gnocchi side & the octopus, and the drinks were tasty, I would especially return for the ambiance. The open space showcases a side-ful of a mural, simple decorations, a plethora of pendant lights, and some bumpin' 90's hip-hop/rap beats to set the mood to perfect. It's really the little things in restaurants that get me giddy, and the bathroom was my ideal bathroom, just sayin'. With an overwhelming clean but not artificial scent, and meticulously tiled floors, with soothing colors and even louder beats bumpin', I couldn't help but smile. 
 

All in all, I whole-heartedly recommend this new spot for the Spring and Summer months with the open doors, great cocktails, inventive dishes, and welcoming ambiance. Tips: get a cocktail, get the octopus, and get as many sides as you can handle...oh, and visit the bathroom.
Tavern Road on Urbanspoon
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment