Sunday, May 19, 2013

simple weekend recap: edition 26

The weekend started early at The Salty Pig customizing charcuterie boards and having (in my opinion) the best octopus plate Boston has to offer.

 
 
 
 

With fennel, peas, & olives, I was in love with the octopus. I feel like this is going to be one of my new favorite places...and T will definitely be in love once I take him here!
 
 

After a long week of work, Friday night consisted of whipping the grill out of the basement and grilling up some BBQ chicken, having the best potato salad in the world (which I forgot to document, so I guess I'll just have to re-make it so I can share it with you!), and the brussel sprout and corn recipe I made a few days ago before relaxing in front of our new outdoor fireplace with some s'mores.
 
 

Saturday morning lunch was spent at Harvest
which has my now-favorite cold lobster roll in the city. We relaxed on the beautifully peaceful patio before heading off to a matinee of The Great Gatsby at the Somerville Theatre, which provides cheap prices for movies in an old-school environment (with beer on tap!)!

 
 

For Saturday night date night, T & I finally went to 
Oleana for the first time (review later this week).
 
 
 

Sunday night dinner was coffee rubbed steak with chimichurri sauce with some homefries & a green salad made with romaine, pears, browned brussel sprouts & chives with a simple mustard-vinaigrette.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment