Monday, April 29, 2013

simple weekend recap: edition 24

Friday night dinner T & I celebrated our 6 year 
anniversary at the new amazing restaurant, Asta...
 
 
 
 

...but as we headed out to our car for a nice drive home we realized our 
back window was smashed, so the rest of our celebration evening was 
spent in various police stations. Happy 6-year!
 

Saturday morning marked a new day, filled with
 hashbrowns and bacon (which make everything better...really)...
 

...and the return of my baby girl!
 

Before T took off on his weekend work trip to Berlin, I made a simple 
healthy halibut dinner (recipe this week)...
 

...and a less-healthy chocolate souffle.

 

Sunday was filled with flowers that remind me of 
fields of wildflowers in the summer...
 
 

...and Craigie on Main since it was so good last time. I started with the grilled Spanish octopus with griled cipollini onion, green olive and lemon salad, bulgur wheat, and chorizon puree. I always get grilled octopus when it's on a menu because it's one of my favorite things.

 

For my entree I went with the slow-roasted chicken breast stuffed with chicken sausage, apricots, forest mushrooms, turnip puree, and wheat berries.

 

Although we were quite full, I had to have the orange blossom beignets with a date-orange caramel and cardamom anglaise. I had no idea these would be the largest beignets in the world, but I also had no idea they would be some of the tastiest.
 
 

After a heavy food weekend, I whipped up an easy pea puree to line a lean chicken wrap to recover from a delicious, but rich, weekend of food!
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment