Thursday, April 4, 2013

chicken cacciatore

I can't believe I never posted about chicken cacciatore! I meant to, I really promise, I did mean to, but I must have forgotten. I've been having chicken cacciatore since I was little, and I still crave it to the day, I actually made it 2x this month. Simmering healthy chicken with onions, mushrooms, garlic, herbs & cheese creates the most tender moist filling meal even on it's own. To make it even better, make some whole-wheat pasta to absorb all of the saucy goodness.


Ingredients (for 3 dinner-servings):
1 tbs olive oil
1 lb organic free-range chicken breast, cut into small chunks
1 onion, diced
1 container of button mushrooms, sliced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup grated fresh parmesan
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp oregano
28oz crushed tomatoes
1 cup water

 
Directions:
1. Add olive oil to a large pan, heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions, mushrooms, a pinch of salt & pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and stir to coat.  Cook until bubbles subside and chicken begins to brown, about 12 minutes.

 
 
 

2.  Add garlic, cheese, pepper flakes, parsley flakes, and oregano, along with another another pinch of salt & pepper.

 

3. Stir to fully mix, add tomatoes and water. Lower heat, cover & simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.

 

4. Make pasta & serve with ladles-ful of the chicken, mushrooms, and sauce. Uncover the sauce to thicken if desired. Enjoy the most tender chicken in the world!   

 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment