Thursday, February 14, 2013

buttermilk cornbread

I could actually eat the whole pan of this buttermilk cornbread. This cornbread tastes exactly like my childhood-love, Corn Toasties! Mmmm toasties!


Ingredients (one 9x9 pan):
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over med-low heat. Mix in sugar.
 

2. Whisk in 2 eggs quickly. Turn off heat.
 

3. Add in buttermilk & baking soda and mix.
 

4. Mix in cornmeal, flour, and salt.
 

5. Pour into a greased baking dish and pop in oven for 35 minutes.
 

6. Cornbread is done when crispy-browned on top & when you frankly just can't wait any longer! *Try not to eat the whole thing in one sitting*
 
 
 
 
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Love the food steps, so yummy I LOVE LOVE cornbread, sooo yummy and festive. So glad I clicked on your comment that led me back to your blog, your posts' contents are info and image juicy so expect to be seeing some regular comments from me. I've just posted two Olympia Le-Tan handmade clutches that masquerade around as BOOKS! Total fashion escapism accessories, please do tell what you think on my investment on these new clutches I mean books lol ;p

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2013/02/bookworm.html

    ReplyDelete