Saturday, May 19, 2012

gardening and antiquing

Today was a busy Saturday filled with town plant sales, swinging by the nearby bakery, antiquing, gardening, grilling, and the first ice cream of the season.

After visiting our already-blooming flowers in our yard, T and I began our weekend with the town plant sale...a small area filled with a variety of plants, and many older ladies in pink shirts. At one point one of these ladies asked me and T who would be planting all of these plants, I obviously told her T would be responsible...and the lady smiled and responded "You're starting out the right way". Why thank you, ma'am. We ended up walking away with day lilies, lilies of the valley, purple iris, summersweet, and some rhubarb for $30...what a steal!

Next stop was the bakery across the little bridge, before returning home to begin the garden for the late spring/early summer season...Erin was too busy with her peanut butter jar to help with the weeding...maybe next time.


I am very excited for my garden. This year it includes strawberries, rhubarb, chives, garlic, parsley, radishes, beets, carrots, sugar snap peas, and cantaloupe. We also have blueberries and raspberries growing in other parts of the yard. Hopefully this summer isn't too hot for my little garden!

I dragged a whining T along with me to Concord for some antiquing, making sure to hit one of my favorite shops. Nesting on Main is located upstairs on the main street of Concord. It is beautifully decorated and makes you feel immediately warm and welcome (and also offers free goldfish to eat as you look around!). The shop is filled with antiques as well as some new items with an aged feel. 


How adorable are those cork candles and the shell-filled candles?!

Luckily between Nesting and Thoreauly Antiques (Thoreau...get it? Oh gosh) I was able to pick up a few items to begin decorating the antique French glass tower T got me for our 5-year anniversary.


Dinner soon followed after working up an appetite gardening. I grilled some cedar-plank salmon with corn and asparagus...but I'll talk about that later!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment