Monday, August 6, 2012

simple weekend recap: edition 3

This past weekend was one of the warmest this year. Moose and Erin were not fans of this heat, and neither was I! The heat was oppressive and forced me to be a homebody tucked in with the shades down and all of the fans on while watching some movies I had lined up.


The weekend started off on the right foot...with bacon! My favorite way to make bacon is to bake it on a cooling rack at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Nice and crispy and not swamped in grease.
 
 

Made some brunch hash with potato, onion, eggs, cheese, and fresh chives. Super easy & quick recipe tomorrow!
 

Sunday dinner was one of my favorite & simplest recipes of all times, shrimp scampi! Recipe later this week!


Now that the heat has momentarily broken...it's time to be social! Later this week I will be heading out for a Whim pop-up series dinner at Smolak Farms in North Andover. Social....and foodie...my favorite combination!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment