Thursday, August 9, 2012

shrimp scampi

My college roommate helped show me how easy shrimp scampi can be to make...and I have been forever grateful for the 2 minute tutorial! Shrimp is one of my favorite proteins; being low-fat & high-protein, it easily adopts its neighboring flavors. Make & garnish this dish to provide a real crowd-pleaser for your next dinner (or quick weeknight dinner)!


Ingredients (for 2 large portions):
3/4 lb spaghetti
12 deveined shrimp
4 tablespoons butter
4 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped parsley (fresh or dried)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper



Directions
1. Bring a pot of salt water to a boil. Add pasta.


2. Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic. Stir until fragrant (a couple of minutes). Add pinch of salt & pepper.


3. Arrange shrimp in order for each shrimp to have their own area.




 4. Let sit for about 1 minute while you stir & check on the pasta. Add lemon juice, chopped parsley, and cayenne pepper.


5. Strain pasta when al dente, but reserve 1/4 cup of the starch water from the pot. Flip shrimp.


6. Let sit for another minute. Add water from spaghetti pot. Add pasta to pan and push around to coat in scampi sauce.


7. Plate, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Come to California and make it for me like old times? I miss scampi, and you, so its perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly, my name is Meg and I'm one of Rona's roommates. I made this dish tonight for Rona and my boyfriend and it was a success! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! It's one of my favorites and super easy to make and remember!!

      Delete