Thursday, March 14, 2013

rice pilaf

After writing about my rice pilaf time after time again I realized I've never shared my super simple rice pilaf recipe! I grew up with boxed rice pilaf, we even called it our family rice, and it was buttery and delicious...and boxed. When T and I moved in together, T forbade me to ever buy boxed rice, he told me it was a waste of money, and after being forced to perfect my rice pilaf, I actually have to say he's right. Rice pilaf is so easy to make it's hardly even a recipe.


Ingredients (for a side-portion for 4 people):
3 tbs butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced
salt & pepper
1/2 cup orzo
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp parsley
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups chicken stock

Directions: 
1. Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large pot along with garlic and a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Let cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
 

2. Add orzo to pot and stir to coat in buttery-garlic goodness. Stir and let orzo brown lightly, about 3 minutes.
 

3. When butter begins to bubble up around the pasta, add the onion powder and parsley, stir to coat. Then add rice and stir to incorporate. Let cook together for another 2 minutes.

 

4. Add chicken stock and bring mixture to a boil. Cover, lower heat to a simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Don't open or even peek over the next 20 minutes.
 

5. After the 20 minutes has passed, uncover and fluff before serving this super simple side dish!
 
 
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment