Sunday, January 27, 2013

boston restaurants: n

The highest rated N restaurant in Boston is No. 9 Park, Barbara Lynch's Italian-French masterpiece located in Beacon Hill steps from the state house. With dark wood floors & multiple antique chandeliers hanging in every room, the restaurant exudes elegance. The menu consists of a 3-course prix fixe option as well as a seven-course chef’s tasting menu. With multiple accolades under its belt including a AAA Four Diamond Rating, 2012 James Beard Foundation Award for Outstanding Wine Program, and always placing on the Best of Boston and 50 Best Restaurants list, you will have a memorable tasty meal, every time.


 

After ordering a bottle of Sancerre for the table, I started with the potato agnolotti with celeriac brown butter, chestnuts, and black trumpet mushrooms. This dish was my favorite of the evening. Little pierogi-like light pillows of delicious potato mixtures, I couldn't get enough! Apologies for the dim & washed-out photos, the candle mood-lighting got to me once again!

As always, I had to order the chicken. I went with the Giannone Farms chicken with a sunny-side up egg and an escargot puff-pastry. The puff-pastry was a nice addition and texture change to the dish, and the chicken was obviously perfectly prepared.


One of my dates went with the prime flat iron steak with roasted shallot, bone marrow bread pudding, a chard and spinach parcel, and a few roasted carrots garnishing the dish.
 

My other date went with the dish I was so close to ordering: the medium-rare roasted Scottish salmon with potato mille-feuille, beet jus, and horseradish.
 

To finish the meal, we went with dessert over cheese. I went with the cashew nougat glace with banana, molasses, and banana. Delicious once again, but I was still dreaming of my appetizer.
 

The other desserts at the table were chocolate-focused. One of which I can remember nothing other than chocolate, mint, and meringue, and the other was the chocolate cream tart with bourbon raisin, smoked cinnamon, and banana.

 

Another memorable meal, with fantastic service, and a beautiful setting. Next on my No. 9 Park go-to-list is their lunch!
No. 9 Park on Urbanspoon
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment