Monday, December 24, 2012

christmas brunch

For Christmas brunch we headed back to T.W. Food for a perfect jazz brunch. Brunch is offered Sundays from 10am-2pm with a 3-piece jazz band. My dad and I started with a casa casa orange mimosa with the matching house smoked salmon with a winter salad.


T and meim went with the bakery plate with the best chocolate-almond muffin in the world, cranberry scones, and jam.


For a main dish T went with the sherry french toast with bosc pear, mcintosh apple and maple syrup. T had a chance to taste everyones plate and reported his french toast was his favorite dish of all, the perfect combination with the sweet fruit apples and the sherry french toast.
 

My dish was my favorite and I could have eaten 1.5 servings of this: the pulled pork tartine with caramel porter pork, fried egg & sweet potato. Unbelievably delicious, not too salty, not too heavy, light & perfected.
 

Meim and my dad went with sausage & waffles with bratwurst, maple jus and apple. The bratwurst was apparently out-of-this-world, and T as well as my meim are now anxiously awaiting the opening of Bronwyn in Union Square (the owner's new eastern-European and pasta restaurant opening someday in the near future).
 

For dessert meim and T went with the apple tarte with almond frangipane & whipped cream that is made to look like vanilla bean ice cream.
 

My dad and I opted for our mimosas over dessert. Afterwards we headed out to Formaggio for some last-minute stocking shopping before heading home. Overall a perfect Christmas brunch!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment